Dr. Tapan Mukherjee
Dr. Tapan Mukherjee gastro-intestinal and laparoscopic surgeon
Dr. Tapan Mukherjee is a practicing & dedicated general, gastro-intestinal and laparoscopic surgeon of the City, having more than twenty-five years of professional experience, including teaching experience, as professor of Surgery.
Find me on
His field of surgical expertise and practice includes:
- All kinds of emergency and elective general abdominal surgery.
- Laparoscopic Surgery (gall bladder, appendix, hernias) including advanced laparoscopic surgery(Lap CBD exploration, lap orchiopexy, lap bowel surgery, lap abd trauma surgery etc.)
- Cancer and non-cancer surgery.
- Thyroid and salivary gland surgery.
- Breast surgery.
- All kinds of primary and complicated recurrent hernia surgery.
- 1984: MBBS -NRS Medical College & Hospital, Calcutta.
- 1991 : MS- General Surgery - UCM , Calcutta
- 1995 : DNB- Surgery- National Board of Examination, India.
AWARDS & CERTIFICATES:
- College Scholarship in Anatomy, Surgery
- Gold Medal in BN Mukherjee Memorial Anatomy quiz,1980
- 1st prize & Gold medal for best paper presentation in competitive paper presentation, 1996 at VIMS, Calcutta.
- Private practice as a general & laparoscopic Surgeon for more than 25 years.
- Professor & Visiting Surgeon at KPC Medical College & Hospital, since 01/06/2011
- Associate Professor and Visiting Surgeon at KPC Medical College & Hospital(affiliated to West Bengal Medical University-Kolkata) since 12/04/2010
- Hony. Deputy Visiting Surgeon at Ramkrishna Mission Seba Pratisthan Hospital (dept. of Surgery), from 31/03/97 to 11/04/2010
- Associate Professor at Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences (affiliated to West Bengal Medical University-Kolkata) since 1/3/2005 to 11/04/2010
- As an Assistant Professor in the dept. of Surgery at Ramkrishna Mission Seba Pratisthan Hospital & Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, from 01/03/01 to 28/2/2005
- As Resident Surgeon at Ramkrishna Mission Seba Pratisthan Hospital, from 01/04/94 to 31/03/97
- Life Member: Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member: Association of Surgeons of India(ASI)
- Life Member Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India(AMASI)
WORKSHOPS & CONFERENCES:
- Attended and presented paper in workshops & conferences on General Surgery & Minimally Invasive Surgery in India & abroad.
- Underwent training at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Delhi on laparoscopic solid organ surgery.
- Underwent training & obtained Fellowship in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery, from GEM Institute, Coimbatore.
Dr. Mukherjee considers himself blessed by Lord Ramakrishna and feels lucky and honored to have a long and fruitful association with Ramakrshna Mission Seva Pratisthan Hospital. Dr. Mukherjee is committed to his patient’s welfare and tries to offer them a personalized service and best possible care and surgery at an affordable cost. He is always looking forward to further professional scope and challenges.
Location: Kanchangangha Apartment,
Teghoria VIP Road, Kolkata – 700 059
How to reach Phone: (033) 6458 1352/ (033) 2570 3043 / (033) 2570 6029 Mobile: 91 98308 13736 / 91 92306 16647
Office Timing: MON - SAT 8:00am - 10:00pm SUN: Closed